Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Babysitting








First I would like to apologize for not posting anything new lately. I have been working long hours and was extremely tired and stressed.
On my weekends I babysit my great neices and nephew for my sister. She has custody of her grandkids, basically because my idiot nephew and his wife got involved with drugs. Anyway, these are some of the best kids to babysit. Except for a few times when they are brats, they are well behaved [they are the best when they are sleeping, see above pictures].
The 2 smaller ones love to be photographed. Little Jason is two years old and going throught the "terrible twos" right now. He is a funny little kid most of the time, but when he gets mad, watch out, he can be the baddest little demon around, LOL.
The word I think of when I think of the middle kid, Kirstin, is "bitch." LOL. I pity the guy who marries her, she will not ask for anything, she demands it, she doesn't care if your busy, she wants it "NOW!" LOL. She can be the bitch one minute and a loving little angel the next, you never know which one you'll get from one moment to the next. She doesn't do that for me any more, she knows I don't stand for it, instead of getting what she wants, she'll get a time out instead. She is 3 years old going on 30, LOL.
The third kid is Rhianon, she is the good one of the three. She helps me out with the other 2 whenever I need it. She can be a bit bossy, thinking she is in charge. She also has a lot of medical conditions, which require special training to handle. She has Type 1 Juvenile Diabetes. She wears an insulin pump which has to be changed every 3 days. Every few hours, her glucose [blood sugar] level must be checked. After every meal, or snack, her glucose level must be entered along with the total carbs she ate, then the pump figures out how much insulin is needed and delivers it directly to her, via a tube that that is attached to her body.
I love these kids, even when the act like little demons. I spend my entire weekend helping and watching the kids for my sister so her and her husband can go and unwind and relax a bit. They are great kids really, just a little understood. The oldest has a lot of issues from the way her parents treated her, but we are working on that. This weekend is my "off" weekend, something that is rare. Instead of watching the kids, I'm watching my dad's "demon cat from hell." I'll tell you about her tomorrow, until then, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment