Good evening everybody, sorry for not posting in a while, I have been distracted by a few things. Last Sunday I took a walk to our community beach on the shore of Lake Michigan. The small road I had to walk down was a winding road past the drywall factory, past the boat yards. I know it has been about 3 years since I been to the beach, but was amazed by the changes.
The first thing I noticed was a big metal gate, it was open at the time, but I noticed a sign that said the beach was closed between 7PM and 6AM. I wonder when they added that I asked myself. I was planning to get a few shots of the sunrise, because the beach is the only place to get really good photos of it. I guess that is now out of the question.
A few feet down the road was the big "Waukegan Municipal Beach" sign, I was happy to see that, I was tired. As I walked through the parking lot I noticed all the signs. They all were written in English on the top, and Spanish on the bottom.
Anymore I think I live in Mexico not the United Sates of America. Why is everything done to please the mexicans? If I were to go to Mexico City, would there be signs in English as well as Spanish, no there would not be, unless maybe you are in one of the big resort towns. I thought when you became a citizen of this country, you had to learn the language. I found this next sign along the breakwater. Luckily, I know some Spanish, otherwise, how would I know what it meant, there was no English translation. In English it means: "Warning Restricted Zone No Walking."
Is this America or Mexico?
The next thing the mexicans will demand is that Spanish is spoken in our courts and schools, and have the English language as only the secondary language in this country. If they don't like the way we run our country, why don't they go back to Mexico. I feel that Mexico is secretly trying to take over this country by sending all the people here.
No comments:
Post a Comment