For the last few weeks I have been getting back into Photography. I have learned that when a photographers go anywhere, wheather they are driving, walking, on the bus, subway, train, they are always looking for interesting shots.
Recently I was talking to a photographer friend of mine. We were talking about the things we do for shots. A few years ago I was at the local beach here. I was way out at the end of the breakwater when a very severe thunderstorm came up. Back then I just had a disposible film camera, but there I was standing on this breakwater taking pictures of the storm, not paying attention to all the lightning strikes hitting the water. I was thinking, "Kevin what a stupid idiot you are for standing in such a dangerous location" LOL.
Yesterday, I was at my sister's house. She was in front of the house and saw a great big grey bag stuck in a bush. She went to grab it and realized it was a large hornet's nest. She came inside and told me. So you think I cared about if my sister got stung or is ok? NO, I grabbed my camera and asked where was the hornets nest. For 5 minutes I kneeled in front of the bush snapping photos. The shot on the left is one of those. She was concerned that I might get stung, but I didn't care about that, all I cared about was getting a good shot, LOL. I told if I was perfectly still, left them alone, and acted like I belonged there, I would be ok. I got many shots, without getting stung.
This shot was taken this morning. I was driving to work and saw the sun coming up over the clouds and had to stop to take a few shots. Luckily there was no traffic behind me as I changed lanes extremely quickly so I can pull over and take them.
As a photographer I find I will do almost anything to get a shot. I won't do anything illegal, but I will risk getting stung, electrofied in water by lightning and crashing into something to pull over. This is my wacky life, it's a miracle I have survived this long, LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment