Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A New Perspective


Since I have decided to get back into photopraphy, my prespective on the world has changed slightly. Photography is a great hobby for me. I walk everywhere I go, sometimes I take the bus, but most of the time I am walking. Walking every where I go gives me the opportunity to take the time to see everything that is around me. People who are diving can't, they have to remain focused on the road and other traffic, so it is difficult for them to see all the interesting things around.
The world is full of interesting things to see and capture in a photograph. Photography has opened my eyes to alot more things that I took for granted. Like the photo above. I was walking to the library through some road construction and stopped to take a few shots. The men who were working stopped and went to lunch, I was disappointed. Then this little guy started flying around a support cable for a telephone pole and then landed on the cable. I took several shots, but it was difficult to capture him, he was rather high up, but then another dragonfly came and they flew around a bit, then he landed lower on the same cable and I was able to capture this shot.
It is amazing that God has put this little dragonfly on this Earth for a purpose. While I am walking now, I am always looking for something interesting to photograph, and because of this, it has given me a new prespective on things. I now can see all the wonderful things that God has put on this Earth for all of us to enjoy. Each insect, animal, thing has it purpose for the greater good.
I now enjoy walking even more now. Always looking for that next interesting thing to photograph. I was hoping to have some nice photos of the sun rising this morning, but the rain prevented me today, hopefully tomorrow. Life is too short to be racing through life going from one place to the next. We should all find the time to stop. look at the clouds floating by, smell the flowers, just enjoy the day that God has given us.

2 comments:

  1. Great shot!
    It's amazing the things you will actually "see" when you start paying attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I am happy you liked that shot, it was hard getting him to cooperate with me, LOL.

    ReplyDelete