Sunday, June 21, 2009

FATHER'S DAY


Good Morning on this great Father's Day Sunday. I would like to start by saying HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the dad's out there. I am a fortunate person, my dad is 72 years old and still fiesty as ever. Me and my dad didn't always get along for many years we faught and argued, he still has problems seeing things from my point a view at times, but he lets me live the life I want to live.

I didn't speak with my father [or my family] for several years. When I married my second wife, my family rejected me because she was Mexican. The marriage didn't last long, only 7 months, but after the divorce we still did not speak for just over 3 years.

In the past 9 months that I have been talking with my dad [and family] we have resolved many of the issues that separated us. I am so grateful for this. Many children don't get the opportunity to take advantage of their fathers. Some don't speak to them because of the issues that have between them.

I have 2 children, a son Allen, and a daugther Amber. I am unable to speak with them due to problems with their mother. The divorce was very bitter and bad, many things were said, on both sides, even though I have appologized for everything, she has decided to continue to hate me. She knows the only way she can hurt me is keeping the kids from me. The only time I get to speak with them is whenever she wants something. I doubt I will get a call from my kids today, but I do believe in miracles.

The picture on this post is of my dad, 72 years old and still going and going, LOL.


Today everybody should take thier fathers to dinner, give them a hug and most of all, Tell them that you love them. Take care my friends, Have a Great Father's Day.......Kevin

2 comments:

  1. Happy Fathers Day Kevin!
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get the opportunity to speak with Allen and Amber today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm still hoping and praying for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete