Monday, June 22, 2009

My First Kiss

I started attending Morton West High School in September of 1979. I only had a few friends then. I was a shy and loner who kept pretty much to himself. High School was 4 years of hell for me. I never did make very many friends, and almost every girl I had a crush on, made fun of me for it. There were some girls who I remember didn't, they were nice and sweet.

One girl in paticular, I met in Junior Achievement. Me, her and her best friend Cathy were a riot when we got together. One day around Christmass, I ran into the 2 of them while taking a walk. Cathy told me on the way back stop by and we could chat. I was scared out of my pants when I rang the doorbell. Cathy answered and I went in. Cathy knew I had a crush on her, so she asked me if I would kiss her under the mistletoe. I nervously said yes. She placed the mistletoe over her and I kissed her. What her and Cathy didn't know was, this was my first kiss. After Junior Achievement was over, she disappeared.

For 25 years I always wondered what ever happened to her. Then one day last October, I saw her name on Classmates. I looked at her profile and started thinking if I should write. I decided to let fate decide. The next day, she wrote me. She said that she knew we went to rival schools and just thought she would say hi.

I wrote back that I checked her profile out because I thought I knew her in Junior Achievement and was wondering if she was her. She wrote back she was and really didn't remember me. I was insulted, I told her about "My first kiss" and was upset she didn't remember. I guess she finally remembered who I was, but anyway now we are good friends, she is an amazing photographer.

1 comment: