Saturday, November 7, 2009

Recently I have been listening to my IPod and I have a couple of songs that got me thinking. The first song got me thinking about what I would do for love. In the song, the singer known as "Meatloaf" says, "I would do anything for love, I would run right up to hell and back, I would do anything for love..."

In another song, Bryan Adams says, "You can't tell me it's not worth trying for, you can't tell me it's not worth dying for..." So my question is: What would you do for love?

Love is a very powerfull emotion, there are many different kinds of love, and many different degrees of love. I have been in many relationships, I would have to say the first time I was in love was back in high school. I met a girl from the rival high school at a afterschool activity and eventually gave her my first kiss. She would disappear from my life, but she left an imprint on me that would be permanent. The next girl I fell in love the next year at school had several of the qualities of the "first." Over the next 25 years a lot of women I met and was interested in had those qualities as well.

My next (and last) "real" love was about 5-6 years ago. After my first divorce, I got involved with a married woman I worked with. I broke the first rule of affairs, don't fall in love. When I wanted her to leave her husband, she broke it off.

Ok, back to subject. Bryan Adams continues in his song saying, "I would fight for you, I'd lie for you, walk the world for you, I'd die for you....."

I think that most of the love we think we feel, is really lust and desire. If you were to know that you can feel really true love; what would do for it? Seriously, I don't really know what I would for really true love. I guess we don't really know until it happens.

Oh, one last thing, lately I have been running into long lost crushes from high school, including my first love from high school. Even though she doesn't remember "the kiss" (I guess it wasn't as good as I thought), we have become good friends and talk often.

No comments:

Post a Comment