For most of us, the Christmas and New Year's part of the year is one of the most happiest times of the year, a lot of "live" for this two holidays. Giving gifts, decorating the house with lights, mistletoe, a Christmas tree with lots of gifts, parting on New Year's Eve, getting drunk and singing "Old Lang Syne" when the New Year rings in. The family gets together on Christmas, kids get excited and play with their new toys that Santa brings them.
But not everyone has all them. This Chirstmas some people will spend it alone. There are many reasons for this. Some people are down on their luck, some have lost everything in the recession, some have no home, no friends, no family, due to different reasons. Some like me, chose to be alone.
My great-neice is always telling me, "you need to get a girlfriend and get married," but I see not reason reason too. I live my life alone and I am very happy.
My mom die when I was 8 years old, so I guess I never learned how to interact with women very well. During high school I had many crushes, most laughed and teased me when they found out about my crush, except four girls, these four are the ones I really liked, four girls I would never forget, even to this day.
At first I protected my heart because I was tired of getting hurt, now I protect it to prevent wasting my time on another relationship doomed to failure. I protect my heart to such of an extreme, that I would sacrifice my sanity to protect it [something I've done once].
The four girls I mentioned did something that was I thought was impossible, they got through my defenses and touched my heart. I don't know how they did it, but two of them actually did it twice, once in high school and once twenty-five years later.
After my two failed marriages, I decided I had enough. I stay away from parties [I never learned how to deal with large groups anyways], keep to myself, never let anyone close [except the four women I mentioned], and gon on living. I am independent, self-sufficiant, I do have a few good friends I can talk to when I need to talk, so I see no reason to change this.
But most importantly, I am happy being alone. I know I have affected many lives with my witty humor [I'm known for my comic-relief], I also have many, many friends.
Maybe I'll that "one" woman who can accept me for who I am and fall madly in love [if that really exists], but I really doubt it. She would have to be able to what those four women have done, and that it is highly unlikely. I don't know how they did it, something I will always wonder about, mabye it's left a mystery.
As far as those four special women, I talk to two of them almost every day on FaceBook. One knows who she is [and I look forward to her comment on this post, LOL]. the other I don't think she remembers me from high school very much [after all she's blonde, LOL] and how special she is. The third is on FaceBook, but has refused contact with me for reasons unkown. The fourth is still out there somewhere, all my friends from high school days say she just "disappeared". So what is wrong with being alone?
........One last note: Sorry for the blonde reference, just couldn't pass it up, LOL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, it's okay to be alone, if that's what you really want. But, if you're lonely, then that's a different story. No one wants to be "lonely" and I think it's vital that we have human contact and a close connection to another human being.
ReplyDeleteHope your New Year is a good one!